SCH SP RM
SCH SP RM
The River Master is the master responsible for internal rowing and in charge of safety on the river. As such, he was originally responsible for swimming, as all boys had to pass in swimming before going on the river, and thus by extension for the outdoor pool. The PE department took this over in 1974. He is ex officio a member of the Eton College Boat House Committee.
1904 - 1982
These records include those of the Head Waterman.
The Watermen's armbands that accompanied the deposit have been transferred to the Museum of Eton Life.
- River Master: River Master's book, SCH SP RM 01, (1961 - 1973)
- River Master: Head Waterman's daily record books, SCH SP RM 02, (1914 - 1982)
- River Master: Instructions to Watermen, SCH SP RM 03, (1926 - 1940)
- River Master: Wage books, SCH SP RM 04, (1904 - 1942)
- River Master: River Fund Accounting Records, SCH SP RM 05, (1928 - 1973)
- River Master: Rent book for Weir Cottage, SCH SP RM 06, (1915 - 1936)
- River Master: Petrol consumption, SCH SP RM 07, (1933 - 1939)
- River Master: Watermen's Emergency Fund, SCH SP RM 08, (1933 - 1955)
- River Master: Papers relating to collection for a retirement present for F. Brady, Head Waterman, SCH SP RM 09, (1988)
- River Master: Notices, SCH SP RM 10, (1904 - 1964)
- River Master: Thames Navigation and General Byelaws, SCH SP RM 11, (1957)
- River Master: Operating instructions for swimming pool treatment plant, SCH SP RM 12, (20th century)
- River Master: Memorandum on the state of the Andrew's Boathouse, SCH SP RM 13, (1 August 1961)
- River Master: Papers of E.W. Gladstone, SCH SP RM 14, (1950s)
- River Master: Working files, SCH SP RM 15, (1942 - 2005)